[ros-users] TurtleBot for Ubuntu 12.04?

Paul Mayer equilibrium87 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:07:15 UTC 2012

Hi Robert,

I just recently upgraded to 12.04 (did not use the ISO, I set up a
dual-boot with 10.10 + electric and 12.04 + fuerte).
However, since 12.04 ships with boost 1.46, you might run into some
problems when running openni-related processes
(at least that's what many threads on ROS answers suggest). Of course,
you can compile a 1.40 version of boost,
however I cannot say whether this will solve all of the problems.
Personally, I can launch openni_launch openni.launch but e.g. trying
to run the gyro calibration script results in errors.
I am by no means an expert, just starting out as well and trying to
figure out what the roots of particular problems are.

Regards,
Paul