[ros-users] make_plan service call fail

Ane Fernández ane.fernandez at tekniker.es
Tue Dec 4 08:11:09 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

When I call to make_plan service of move_base node I get this error:

move_base must be in an inactive state to make a plan for an external user

I've checked that when I execute call() function, move_base is in Active mode. After that the action that is being executed is canceled, it passes to the preempted state. I suppose at that state it could be possible to make a call so I wait calling periodically to exists() service method to check if the service is both advertised and available.

I don't get it working well, so I would like to know what I'm doing wrong or if there is another way to check service's availability.

Ane Fernandez Gonzalez

Sistema Autonomo eta Adimendunen Unitatea
Unidad de Sistemas Autonomos e Inteligentes
Aotonomous and Intelligent Sistems
afgonzalez at tekniker.es

[cid:image001.gif at 01CDD1FF.4C2EE5E0]

 www.tekniker.es<http://www.tekniker.es/>
[cid:image003.gif at 01CDD1FF.4C2EE5E0]<http://www.youtube.com/user/Teknikertv> [cid:image004.gif at 01CDD1FF.4C2EE5E0] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/tekniker-ik4>  [cid:image005.gif at 01CDD1FF.4C2EE5E0] <http://www.slideshare.net/teknikerik4>  [cid:image006.gif at 01CDD1FF.4C2EE5E0] <http://www.flickr.com/photos/teknikerik4/sets/>

POLO TECNOLÓGICO DE EIBAR
C/ Iñaki Goenaga,5
20600 Eibar (Gipuzkoa), Spain
Tel + 34 943 20 67 44

Mezu honen informazioa isilpekoa izan daiteke eta indarrean dagoen legediak babesten du. Hutsegite baten ondorioz jaso baduzu, bidal iezaiozu berriro bidaltzaileari eta ezaba ezazu. Milesker zure laguntzagatik.
La información de este correo puede ser confidencial y está protegida por la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este correo por error, reenvíelo a su emisor y elimínelo. Gracias por su ayuda.
This e-mail may contain confidential information that is protected by our laws. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please, notify the sender and delete it. Thank you for your help.