[ros-users] Packaging ROS for yocto or OpenEmbedded (using bitbake recipes)

Lukas Bulwahn Lukas.Bulwahn at bmw-carit.de
Thu Dec 6 10:08:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

we are interested in setting up a computing platform for our development using linux with yocto (or OpenEmbedded-Core) and the robotic operating system ROS. We are currently at the very beginning of this development: As a first step, we want to package ROS for our own needs, but we are open to contribute this to the community if there are others that need this as well.

Has someone in the community already packaged ROS for yocto or OpenEmbedded? Are there others that also interested in a ROS package for yocto or OpenEmbedded?

We are happy about any feedback.

Lukas Bulwahn
BMW Car IT GmbH
Petuelring 116
D-80809 Muenchen
Germany
Mail: lukas.bulwahn at bmw-carit.de
Web: http://www.bmw-carit.de
BMW Car IT GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Harald Heinecke
Sitz und Registergericht: München HRB134810