[ros-users] Packaging ROS for yocto or OpenEmbedded (using bitbake recipes)

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Sat Dec 8 01:39:37 UTC 2012

Erwin, Lukas,
I suggest you join the Embedded ROS special interest group at
ros-sig-embedded at googlegroups.com.
There we are currently discussing ways to use ROS on various embedded
platforms such as the mentioned ARM Cortex A8/9/... and also on less
powerful boards, such as the ARM Cortex M3.
Some members are already working on implementations.

Cheers,
Marcus

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Erwin José Lopez Pulgarin <
ejlopezp at unal.edu.co> wrote:

> I am interested in this initiative. Next year we planned to start this
> endeavor for OpenEmbedded and Yocto was an option. This would me very
> useful because this distributions and packages are perfect for embedded
> development and ease the ROS development in embedded targets like
> beagleboard, eagleboard and others like the platforms we are developing.
>
> Let me know about your plans, even when this task was planned for next
> year we can start reviewing this. I am very glad not only high profile CPU
> and GPU are used for modern robotics but recently more and more interest is
> being directed to embedded platforms, being linux enabled ARM A or
> powerfull MCU ARM Cortex.
>
> --
> Gracias
>
> Erwin José López Pulgarín
> Ingeniero Mecatrónico
> Universidad Nacional de Colombia

Marcus Liebhardt
Control Engineer
Yujin Robot
주소: 대한민국 서울시 금천구 가산동 345-30 남성프라자 #601, 153-023.
Address: Door #601, Namsung-Plaza, 345-30 Gasan-dong, Guemcheon-gu, Seoul,
153-023, Republic of Korea
Website: http://www.yujinrobot.com
Email: marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Phone: +82-70-46577073