[ros-users] Announcing ROS Android Sensors Driver

Chad Rockey chadrockey at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 06:20:01 UTC 2012

Hi ROS Community,

I've been working on a driver that connects the sensors in Android devices
to the ROS environment.  At this time, it only publishes
sensor_msgs/NavSatFix messages, but I will soon introduce sensor_msgs/Imu
and sensor_msgs/Image to publish data from accelerometers, gyroscopes,
magnetometers, and front/rear cameras.

To get more information and to install, please see the following:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/android_sensors_driver/
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.ros.android.sensors_driver

To file bugs, request features, view source, or contribute UI, translation,
or other improvements, please see the Google Code project:
http://code.google.com/p/android-sensors-driver/

I hope everyone finds this useful and I look forward to hearing your
feedback and seeing cool uses for Android devices in robotics.

Thanks,
 - Chad Rockey