[ros-users] rosjava package not compilable when messages includes as dependency

Markus Krenn Markus.Krenn at ima-mst.at
Wed Jan 18 13:31:34 UTC 2012

Hello ROS community!

I have created a package following the instructions on this website: http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosjava/Build

Then I included the trajectory_msgs package as a dependency in the manifest.xml file. When doing a rosmake on that newly created package, I'll get a build error saying, a certain package (std_msgs) could not be found.
When deleting that dependency, rosmake works fine.

This seems to be a bug which is caused when rosmaking packages which are dependent on message packages which are again dependent on other  message packages.
In other words, if a dependency is a package containing messages, which again depend on messages in another package, the build will fail.

Can someone confirm that?