[ros-users] Generic interface for Ackermann Steering based robots

Piyush piyushk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:41:57 UTC 2012

Hi ROS users,

I was wondering whether there was some interest in the community to
develop a common interface for Ackermann steering based robots. We
have an autonomous car using ROS (utexas-art-ros-pkg) for which we use
a proprietary message format to control the driver. We are now trying
to port over the code-base for a number of smaller robots based on the
traxxas platform to ROS. We were hoping to discuss the driver
interface along with an interface for some basic GPS based navigation
for the traxxas robots.

In case there are existing examples for this this type of work
already, I would appreciate it if someone could point them to me.

Thanks,
Piyush