[ros-users] rviz is moving to Qt, preview available

Tim Field tfield at willowgarage.com
Tue Jan 10 20:28:00 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Ye Cheng <cnhzcy14 at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I'll soon implement rxbag in ros-gui.

Good stuff!  I designed rxbag in such a way that it could be included in a
larger system, so hopefully that integration should be straightforward.

What I really need at the moment is something like
rxlab<http://www.ros.org/wiki/rxlab>which is mentioned
> here <http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0101.html>. Is the development of this
> package still active?

No, it is not.  rxbag is already implemented as a "unit" in rxlab, so you
can look at the source to get a feel for how to integrate the main timeline
component.  Another system worth exploring is
Ecto<http://ecto.willowgarage.com>,
which is a very well designed tool for quickly and efficiently prototyping
and visualizing networks of computation.

If you have technical questions regarding either rxbag or rxlab, feel free
to email me.

Tim