[ros-users] Capability of ARM dev board for ROS host

Kent Williams k3nt00 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:38:21 UTC 2012

It is our hope to make the robot a standalone unit, and therefore not
require any off board infrastructure. I know this is quite a vague
question, I'm really just looking to see if anyone has hit the wall big
time with the capabilities of these boards or if there is hope for leaning
them down enough and slowing down the update frequencies to get by.  I have
been considering to attempt to use a decent android phone I have as the
image  sensor and processing resource node using rosjava, since the vision
requirements are low. Then possibly the beagleboard or pandaboard would be
sufficient for hosting the rest.

--
Kent Williams

k3nt00 at gmail.com