[ros-users] resolving open REP-0122 issues

Dirk Thomas dthomas at willowgarage.com
Thu Jul 26 16:54:21 UTC 2012

On 26.07.2012 07:21, Jack O'Quin wrote:

> I want to start working with Dirk's prototype as soon as possible; I
> expect it will continue to evolve, that's OK. Others who are concerned
> about this transition should join in.

Currently my working copy of catkin is pretty much taken apart.
I have the basic workspace chaining working in build-space (only tested with a handful of dummy stacks).
The install case is currently broken and I am working on that.

As soon as it is able to support at least the feature set catkin currently does I am looking forward to push the changes to the official catkin repo at github.
I think it will take several more days until that point is reached.

> Please join the buildsystem SIG (and mailing list) and help make this
> transition smoother:
>
>   http://ros.org/wiki/groovy/Planning/Buildsystem

I think it would be a good idea to continue this discussion on the SIG mailing list.
Even if the topic is of broad interest I suspect that there a number of people subscribed to ro-users which are not focused on that topic.

- Dirk