[ros-users] resolving open REP-0122 issues

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:00:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Dirk Thomas <dthomas at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> On 26.07.2012 07:21, Jack O'Quin wrote:
>>

>> I want to start working with Dirk's prototype as soon as possible; I
>> expect it will continue to evolve, that's OK. Others who are concerned
>> about this transition should join in.
>

> Currently my working copy of catkin is pretty much taken apart.
> I have the basic workspace chaining working in build-space (only tested with
> a handful of dummy stacks).
> The install case is currently broken and I am working on that.
>
> As soon as it is able to support at least the feature set catkin currently
> does I am looking forward to push the changes to the official catkin repo at
> github.
> I think it will take several more days until that point is reached.

OK. I'll watch for updates on https://github.com/ros/catkin

Even without install working, it should be possible to build and run
some stacks with minimal dependencies, right?

>> Please join the buildsystem SIG (and mailing list) and help make this
>> transition smoother:
>>
>>   http://ros.org/wiki/groovy/Planning/Buildsystem
>>

> I think it would be a good idea to continue this discussion on the SIG
> mailing list.
> Even if the topic is of broad interest I suspect that there a number of
> people subscribed to ro-users which are not focused on that topic.

+1

I wanted to discuss REP-0122 issues, but there is understandable,
widespread interest in the larger topic. Let's leave ros-users in
peace for a while and move to ros-sig-buildsystem.
--
 joq