[ros-users] Groovy specs on REP 003

Ryan Gariepy rgariepy at clearpathrobotics.com
Thu Jul 26 22:55:19 UTC 2012

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ros-sig-target-platforms/moqACDUnIp0<
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21topic/ros-sig-target-platforms/moqACDUnIp0

>> we need to update the specs for Groovy for REP003:
>> - attempted release date October 15th
>> - supported Ubuntu releases: Precise and Quantal
>

> I find it troublesome to drop Oneiric support already now. Its
end-of-life is in April 2013, and not everyone can update to the latest
version (currently 12.04) immediately. This will be a particular burden for
stack maintainers and developers who should start with Groovy releases
soon. Robots and their base stations also require more testing and
integration of other libraries and can't afford updating Ubuntu every 6
months.

+1

> Having support for three Ubuntu versions should be possible imo, and with
the core stacks migrating to catkin it should also be less load for the
build server.

> Is there any particular feature that's required in Boost 1.48, or would
1.46 from Oneiric be sufficient?