[ros-users] Remap does not work on gazebo_ros_prosilica

marco.cognetti at libero.it marco.cognetti at libero.it
Sat Jun 23 23:02:49 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I have a little (it might be also stupid one) for gazebo_ros_prosilica. I want
to emulate multi-robot system with some robots equipped with cameras. I found
gazebo_ros_prosilica is perfect for me since it uses opencv. So I created my
launch files that includes the robots that includes the camera devices with
their respective controller of type gazebo_ros_prosilica.

The problem now is that all the controllers subscribes to /camera_info (and
other topics with the same name but now I focused on this topic). Then I tried
two different ways:

1) From the launch file I tried to get, from the xacro file of the robots, the
nodeName without any success.

2) I tried to remap topics. I really tried a lot of permutation without any
result. I guess the right solution is (from my launch file):

<node name="spawn_mobRob0" pkg="gazebo" type="spawn_model" args="-urdf -param
mobRob_urdf -model mobRob0 -x 0 -y 0 -z 3" respawn="false" output="screen">
<remap from="/camera_info" to="/myremap"/> </node>

I also tried to modify the "from" field with /gazebo/camera_info,
~/gazebo/camera_info ~/camera_info without any result.

Does anyone has the same problem? Could someone help me?

Thanks a lot. Good work,

Neostek

P.S. My description of the camera are in another xacro file.  So

launchFile -> robotXacro -> cameraXacro

I do not think that it is the problem, but it is just for a complete
explanation.