[ros-users] New package announcement ARL_sphero_command

Parker Conroy parker.conroy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:54:44 UTC 2012

Hello fellow robots and roboticists,

I'd like to draw your attention to a new package (my first) which allows
the control of a Sphero robot. It is written in C++ and uses bluez to send
packets to the robot. The package is at a proof of concept stage, but
within the next few weeks it will allow full velocity and color command
from messages. This package was developed at the
ARLab<http://arl.cs.utah.edu/index.html>, University
of Utah.

If you have suggestions or run into problems please let me know through the
git!

The info page is here: http://ros.org/wiki/ARL_sphero_command
The git is here:
https://github.com/parcon/ARL-sphero-command/tree/master/ARL_sphero_command