[ros-users] dynamic_reconfigure (python) changes in fuerte

Brice Rebsamen brice.rebsamen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:46:30 UTC 2012

Hi

I noticed that the Python API of dynamic_reconfigure has somewhat
changed from Electric to Fuerte, but there is no documentation or
mention of those changes on the homepage or wiki or anywhere else
actually.

I reported some experience with it, that I encountered when fixing the
sick_ldmrs driver:
http://answers.ros.org/question/36526/dynamic_reconfigure-python-changes-in-fuerte/

the patch to the sick_ldmrs driver has been submitted to their
maintainer (CSIRO), although they told me that they don't work on it
much nowadays.

I am reporting the problem here again, in the hope that someone in
charge of dynamic_reconfigure could take a look.

Regards
Brice