[ros-users] New tutorial: Getting started with ROS for the Nao, including NAOqi and rviz

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 8 17:21:51 UTC 2012

Hi David,

> I posted a new walk-through guide for the Aldebaran Nao, aimed at
> students or researchers who have a Nao robot but are unfamiliar with
> Linux or ROS.
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/nao/Tutorials/Getting-Started
>
> Corrections and suggestions are appreciated.

Great, thanks a lot for the exhaustive tutorial! With NaoQI 1.12.3 I use
the separate Python SDK, and with that I don't need to touch any
LD_LIBRARY_PATH for starting the nodes (even works with 64 bit Ubuntu).

If extracted to ~/naoqi/pynaoqi-python-2.7-naoqi-1.12.3, then I only
need to add that path to my PYTHONPATH, no LD_LIBRARY_PATH required.

After starting the launch files one by one, it's probably worth noting
the "all in one" teleop_nao_sim.launch in nao_remote as well.

Best regards,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg