[ros-users] is a native ROS device possible?

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Wed Jun 13 01:56:23 UTC 2012

Hi there!
We are also trying to figure out an easy way to connect our ARM-based
devices to the ROS world. So far we rely on ROS drivers written
specifically for each device.

@ rosserial: I took a brief look and it indeed looks very interesting.
However, I couldn't find code for ARM and so I assume a port would be
necessary.

@ Synapticon: Do you think that the implementation/idea of rosxmos will be
easily adaptable/expandable to be used on other platforms such as ARM and
Atmel (Arduino)? Maybe we could develop some core components together and
one writes the platform-specific parts as needed.

Cheers,
Marcus

--
Dipl.-Ing. (M.Sc.) Marcus Liebhardt