[ros-users] IPv6 Support for ROS Nodes

Tobias Schneider schneider at xtort.eu
Mon Jun 18 15:57:31 UTC 2012

On Mo, 2012-06-18 at 10:36 -0500, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Eventually, ROS needs to support IPv6 somehow, whether by this
> mechanism or another.
>
> > I think more fieldtests are required to make sure that the IPv4 stack is not
> > affected at all.
>
> Sure.

Currently there are limitations regarding dual stack operation and
networks with both IPv4 and IPv6 nodes. I would also like to eventually
get rid of the configuration variable. But this needs a little care to
not impact IPv4 operation or introduce unnecessary delays when creating
new connections. Until then I guess it's better to have it separate from
the current ros_comm stack.

Tobias