[ros-users] Announcing teleop stack

Kevin LeBlanc kevin.canadian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:15:05 UTC 2012

 Hi again,

I apologise for the noise, but I recently noticed that between the time I
started work on my "teleop" stack and the time I announced it, someone else
created a package with the same name as my stack (the name was admittedly
not very original).  I also recently found out that the indexer doesn't
like it when a repository and a stack have the same name.

To resolve both problems, my repository has been renamed to
"skynetish-ros-pkg", and my stack has been renamed to "generic_teleop".

I will maintain a rosinstall file for the "skynetish-ros-pkg" repository at:

Github: https://github.com/skynetish/skynetish-ros-pkg
Source: https://github.com/skynetish/skynetish-ros-pkg.git
Raw:
https://raw.github.com/skynetish/skynetish-ros-pkg/master/skynetish-ros-pkg.rosinstall

The "generic_teleop" stack is available at:

Github: https://github.com/skynetish/generic_teleop
Source: https://github.com/skynetish/generic_teleop.git
Docs: https://github.com/skynetish/generic_teleop/wiki

Again, comments and feedback welcome.