[ros-users] Robot going through walls in Fuerte's gazebo

Antons Rebguns arebgun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:00:59 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

I in the process of updating the erratic_robot stack for ROS Fuerte
and I have one problem that I am not sure how to solve. When I spawn a
robot (an Erratic or PR2) in WG environment the lasers don't see any
walls, and in fact you can just drive through walls as if they are not
there.

Here's the launch file I am using:

<launch>
    <param name="/use_sim_time" value="true" />

    <node name="empty_world_server"
          pkg="gazebo"
          type="gazebo"
          args="-u $(find gazebo_worlds)/worlds/wg_collada.world"
          respawn="false"
          output="screen"/>

    <node name="gazebo_gui" pkg="gazebo" type="gui" respawn="false"
output="screen"/>

    <include file="$(find
erratic_description)/launch/erratic_mobile_base.launch" />
</launch>

The last line can be changed to launch a PR2 robot instead, but I got
the same results.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks,
Anton