[ros-users] HTN planning messages

Stéphane Magnenat stephane.magnenat at mavt.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 9 09:35:00 UTC 2012

Hello,

> I would be interested in such an interface, but I'm not sure if enough
> other people are to justify a REP (comments, anyone?). Maybe you just go
> on and define these messages in a separate message package (what about
> the name htn_msgs or htn_planning_msgs?), and others can adapt it.

Yes, I will put messages in their own packages. Is it ok if for now they
are in planner9's stack or you would like a specific stack for them?

> We've written a tiny ROS wrapper for JSHOP2 (not yet public), and it
> would be easy to adapt it to your format.

Great, it would be nice to be able to compare these planners on various
scenarios from the ROS community.

> One comment on your messages: StartPlanning, PlanningSucceeded and
> PlanningFailed look like they should best be combined into an actionlib
> action definition. Other than that, the messages look fine to me.

Probably using actionlib is better indeed.

Kind regards,

Stéphane

--
Dr Stéphane Magnenat