[ros-users] HTN planning messages

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Mar 9 10:02:28 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 10:35 AM, Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I would be interested in such an interface, but I'm not sure if enough
>> other people are to justify a REP (comments, anyone?). Maybe you just go
>> on and define these messages in a separate message package (what about
>> the name htn_msgs or htn_planning_msgs?), and others can adapt it.
>
> Yes, I will put messages in their own packages. Is it ok if for now
> they are in planner9's stack or you would like a specific stack for them?

My personal opinion in general goes towards messages in their own
stacks, as I have been affected multiple times by large dependencies
being pulled in sooner or later. On the level of released packages, you
don't gain anything by putting the messages in their own package (the
stacks dependencies remain). If the planner stack only has few
dependencies or the messages make sense to be used only with this
planner's stack I think it's fine, but otherwise I would usually go for
the extra stack.

Best,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg