[ros-users] RViz Camera View is up-side down

Sebastian Rockel sebastian at rockel.cc
Tue Mar 13 08:03:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We have mounted an Kinect (to be precise an Asus Xtion Live Pro) sensor up-side down onto our PR2. We added the appropriate config (camera frames) into the robot.xml (via the python script provided at the ROS wiki).
Furthermore the TF (rpy angles) were modified and it was verified that the point cloud was indeed at the right orientation (regarding the robot) with RViz.

Nevertheless the camera view (2D) in RViz is still up-side down. Does anyone have a clue why?

Cheers,
Sebastian