[ros-users] RViz Camera View is up-side down

Dave Hershberger hersh at willowgarage.com
Tue Mar 13 15:19:44 UTC 2012

This kind of question should be asked on answers.ros.org so the answer can
be voted on and so it shows up in web searches etc.

But the answer is that rviz shows image streams in whatever format they
arrive in.  Getting the camera info and TF information correct just makes
it so that the 3D stuff rendered along with the images lines up.  In your
case, that will mean it is also upside-down.

If you want your image stream to be flipped, you'll need a node to read it
in, flip it over, and republish it.  For that I recommend
http://www.ros.org/wiki/image_rotate .

Now ask this on answers.ros.org and I'll re-answer it. :)

Dave