[ros-users] urdfpy - URDF parser in Python

Kelsey Hawkins kphawkins at gatech.edu
Fri Mar 16 20:06:00 UTC 2012

I would also like to chime in and say I have partially implemented a URDF
parser in Python which you can find here:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/urdf_parser_python  I'm not sure if it is extensive
as David's since there are several sections like the geometry components
which haven't been fully implemented.  I have been successfully using this
package for several months now in conjunction with the KDL parser you can
find in the same stack.  If either of you decide to officially release your
packages, I'd be happy to get my KDL parser working with the released
version.

-Kelsey Hawkins