[ros-users] urdfpy - URDF parser in Python

David Lu!! davidlu at wustl.edu
Mon Mar 19 16:44:34 UTC 2012

I've gone through all three of our packages, and I believe that mine has
the most features (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not just trying to
promote my own package). Kelsey's package has the KDL components which
would be useful to integrate, as well as using ROS geometry messages in the
lower levels. Thomas's package has the nice interface/parse split, as well
as some useful constants. Both have some error checking and the ability to
read rosparams. My has the writing component and I think the fullest set of
supported tags.

Open questions:
1) Should we split the interface and parser/writer?
2) Which name should we unite under?
3) I think that we might want to merge into my package, but would be open
to other suggestions. Does that sound good?

-David