[ros-users] Announcing new ROS stack repositories from Georgia Tech: rcommander_pr2, and rcommander_core

Hai Nguyen haidai at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:34:29 UTC 2012

Hello ROS community,

I would like to announce the result of our work here at Georgia Tech
in collaboration with Willow.  This is the first release of RCommander
(version 0.5), a visual framework for easy construction of SMACH state
machines allowing users to interactively construct, tweak, execute,
load and save state machines.  There are two stacks.  The
rcommander_pr2 stack contains an implementation with basic states for
controlling the PR2 robot.  rcommander_core contains the framework's
essentials allowing the construction of custom RCommander interfaces
for robots other than the PR2.  The wiki doc links below also has a
few tutorials for getting started with either rcommander_pr2 or
rcommander_core.

Wiki-docs: http://www.ros.org/wiki/rcommander_core
Repository: https://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg.rcommander-core/
Ros-install for indexer:
http://gt-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/git/rcommander/rcommander_core.rosinstall

Wiki-docs: http://www.ros.org/wiki/rcommander_pr2
Repository: https://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg.rcommander-pr2/
Ros-install for indexer:
http://gt-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/git/rcommander/rcommander_pr2.rosinstall

Just some notes: I've tested this on ROS Electric and have not done
much with Fuerte yet but it will be supported soon.  The wiki docs
point to an older Mercurial repository, it should point to the newer
git repository when the Ros indexer gets updated.

--
Hai Nguyen
Healthcare Robotics Lab @ Georgia Tech

--