[ros-users] Announcing new ROS stack repositories from Georgia Tech: rcommander_pr2, and rcommander_core

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed May 23 03:32:41 UTC 2012

Hi Hai,

Thanks for the announcement.

Would you mind putting together a single rosinstall for all for gt-ros-pkg
stacks.  That will allow us to point to a single location with the indexer
and you can update it and add stacks as desired.  Also, if you can remove
the entries referring to /opt/ros that will let us use those entries.

Thanks,
Tully

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Hai Nguyen <haidai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello ROS community,
>
> I would like to announce the result of our work here at Georgia Tech
> in collaboration with Willow.  This is the first release of RCommander
> (version 0.5), a visual framework for easy construction of SMACH state
> machines allowing users to interactively construct, tweak, execute,
> load and save state machines.  There are two stacks.  The
> rcommander_pr2 stack contains an implementation with basic states for
> controlling the PR2 robot.  rcommander_core contains the framework's
> essentials allowing the construction of custom RCommander interfaces
> for robots other than the PR2.  The wiki doc links below also has a
> few tutorials for getting started with either rcommander_pr2 or
> rcommander_core.
>
> Wiki-docs: http://www.ros.org/wiki/rcommander_core
> Repository: https://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg.rcommander-core/
> Ros-install for indexer:
> http://gt-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/git/rcommander/rcommander_core.rosinstall
>
> Wiki-docs: http://www.ros.org/wiki/rcommander_pr2
> Repository: https://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg.rcommander-pr2/
> Ros-install for indexer:
> http://gt-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/git/rcommander/rcommander_pr2.rosinstall
>
> Just some notes: I've tested this on ROS Electric and have not done
> much with Fuerte yet but it will be supported soon.  The wiki docs
> point to an older Mercurial repository, it should point to the newer
> git repository when the Ros indexer gets updated.
>
> --
> Hai Nguyen
> Healthcare Robotics Lab @ Georgia Tech
> http://www.healthcare-robotics.com/