[ros-users] ROS Fuerte update with Ubuntu Precise support

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu May 3 18:21:56 UTC 2012

Hi Dorian,

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Dorian Scholz <scholz at sim.tu-darmstadt.de>wrote:

>  That's great news.
>
> One question regarding the debbuild page.
> Would it be possible to add JavaScript sorting for the status table?
> That would make it easier to find packages with errors/warnings on the
> different platforms.
> Script code for that can be found here for example:
> http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

That would be a great feature, I suggest you submit a feature request on
the ros trac [1]. The script run to generate the page is in the rosdeb
package [2]  and a patch would make it happen much sooner.

[1] https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/newticket?component=debian
[2]
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/stacks/ros_release/trunk/rosdeb/scripts/list_missing.py

Tully

> Cheers,
> Dorian
>

> On 03/05/12 11:58, Tully Foote wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
>  I'm pleased to announce that we now have binary distribution support for
> Ubuntu Precise 12.04.  If you are running Ubuntu Precise 12.04 you can now
> apt-get install from the repositories the same way you can with Oneiric and
> Lucid.
>
>  A special thank you goes to Vincent Rabaud.  Over the last two weeks he
> has pushed hard and helped test and provided patches for many stacks to
> make this possible.
>
>  For the full package status report see:
> http://www.ros.org/debbuild/fuerte.html
>
>  -- Your Friendly ROS Release Team

> Dipl.-Inform. Dorian Scholz         E-Mail:scholz(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
> Simulation, Systems Optimization    Phone:  +49 (0) 6151 16-4811
> and Robotics Group                  Fax:    +49 (0) 6151 16-6648
> Technische Universität Darmstadt    http://www.sim.tu-darmstadt.de
> Hochschulstr. 10                    D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.
tfoote at willowgarage.com