[ros-users] Making message transport more modular?

Karan, Cem F CIV (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Thu May 24 13:52:44 UTC 2012

I'd definitely support this; I've been wanting to experiment with SCTP
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream_Control_Transmission_Protocol) as a
transport layer, but had no idea how to get it working with ROS.  Having
some well-supported interface in ROS to tie in new transports would make
that MUCH easier!

Thanks,
Cem Karan