[ros-users] Gmapping

Ricardo Campos ricardo_campos_vsc at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:08:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using gmapping to produce a 2D map but I have a little problem. I want to change the value of the gmapping parameters such as linearUpdate and angularUpdate but I can't. I tried to change directly in the slam_gmapping.cpp file but the parameters are not updated. I also tried to modify the parameters values through the comand line using the following instruction:

rosrun gmapping slam_gmapping linearUpdate_=0.5

but the parameters remains with the same default values. In my experiences I need to change the values of such parameters.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks