[ros-users] Standardization of mapping interfaces, split into two REPs

Stéphane Magnenat stephane.magnenat at mavt.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 15 00:23:14 UTC 2012

Hello,

Following the discussion on the mailing list and some discussions here,
we have decided to split REP 129 into two REPs:

- REP 129, Node API for SLAM Packages
   https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/8/files

- REP 130, Node API for Map Dispatching
   https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/9/files

The goal is to be able to reach a consensus on the core SLAM interface
(REP 129) in a relatively short time, while allowing the space for
discussing the map dispatcher further.

Please review these draft REPs, and feel free to discuss the general
questions on the mailing list, comment the pull request, or fork my
repository if you want to provide non-trivial corrections.

Thank you, cheers,

Stéphane

--
Dr Stéphane Magnenat