[ros-users] Updated OpenNI driver available

Julius Kammerl jkammerl at willowgarage.com
Tue Nov 27 22:12:49 UTC 2012

Hi ROS-users,

a new patched version of the OpenNI driver is available:

OpenNI 1.5.4.0
Sensor-primesense 5.1.0.41

Corresponding debs can be found on Jochen Sprickerhof's launchpad:
https://launchpad.net/~v-launchpad-jochen-sprickerhof-de/+archive/pcl

This update fixes a bug that might occur when operating multiple
devices the same time and also fixes the XnSensorServer crashes under
Ubuntu Precise. Furthermore, we noticed improvements in start-up
speed.

We'll update the official ROS openni-dev debian beginning of next
week. It would be great, if you could give it a try and we are looking
forward to receiving your feedback.

Best regards,
Julius