[ros-users] sensor_msgs Low Cost/Android review

Sebastian Zug zug at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Nov 10 11:24:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

other sensor msgs types, that are relevant for smartphones (IMU for
instance) include the the covariance matrices to represent the
measurement uncertainty. Why should the new messages do not provide such
an information?

Best wishes

Sebastian

Am 10.11.2012 03:24, schrieb Chad Rockey:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm proposing a few new messages for sensor_msgs.  These messages are
> intended to provide common, shareable data types for new low cost and
> mobile sensing applications.
>
> Some examples of these sensors are low cost breakout boards by
> Sparkfun.com or the available sensors in a modern Android or Apple
> smartphone/tablet.
>
> The proposed messages are:
> sensor_msgs/Temperature
> sensor_msgs/Illuminance
> sensor_msgs/MagneticField
> sensor_msgs/Pressure
> sensor_msgs/RelativeHumidity
>
> Please leave questions, concerns, and comments on the review page:
> http://ros.org/wiki/sensor_msgs/Reviews/2012-11-16-Low-Cost-Sensor-Roundup_API_Review
>
> Thanks,
>  - Chad

Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Zug
Dept. Embedded Systems and Operating Systems (EOS)
Institute for Distributed Systems (IVS)
Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg
Universitätsplatz 2
39106 Magdeburg
Germany

mail: zug at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de