[ros-users] ROS for the HUBO Humanoid Robot

David Butterworth david.butterworth at uqconnect.edu.au
Tue Oct 23 05:05:42 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We've been working on a new Linux based controller for the HUBO2 series
of robots and various ROS packages have been developed. There is still
lots of work to be done, and it hasn't been decided if the hardware API
and ROS packages will all be open source.

The purpose of this announcement is to encourage support from other
research groups, so if you want to use ROS on your HUBO, please get in
contact.

There are now HUBO2 robots at KAIST and SNU in Korea, UESTC in China,
Drexel, MIT, CMU, Virginia Tech, USC, Ohio State, Purdue and Penn in the
United States, and I2R in Singapore, so this common hardware and
software platform should advance the capabilities of humanoid robots,
similar to what has been seen with the PR2.

For more information and links, see:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/HUBO

I apologise if the external websites are slow to access, they are
currently hosted on-campus.

Regards,

David Butterworth.

Humanoid Robot Research Center
http://hubolab.kaist.ac.kr

KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology)
Daejeon, Republic of Korea
http://www.kaist.edu