[ros-users] New Documentation Generation and Indexing for ros.org

Christian Dornhege dornhege at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Oct 26 15:59:33 UTC 2012

On 26.10.2012 17:40, Armin Hornung wrote:
> On 2012-10-23 03:00, Eitan Marder-Eppstein wrote:
>>
>> On a logistical note, we're already using the new indexer to build
>> documentation for Groovy packages, but have not switched the wiki over
>> to use the new indexer for Fuerte quite yet. First, we want to make
>> sure that the community has a chance to add their packages to the
>> indexer. So, within the next two weeks, please take some time to add
>> any package you maintain to the indexer. Once again, to do this,
>> please follow the instructions here
>> <http://www.ros.org/wiki/Get%20Involved#Fuerte_and_later>.
>
> Is the old indexer information completely dismissed? It appears that the
> wiki information is now working only for packages & stacks that were
> released for diamondback or electric. We had our complete repository
> indexed at http://alufr-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and now only
> packages appear properly that were released in the past, e.g.:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/nao_driver  - not working at all
> http://ros.org/wiki/humanoid_localization  - not working at all
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/footstep_planner  - only information for
> electric works (was released once)
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/octomap_ros  - only information for fuerte works

The indexer seems to know this, but it's not arriving at the package
pages, see for example:
Package List: http://www.ros.org/browse/details.php?name=rxparamedit
Wiki Page: http://ros.org/wiki/rxparamedit

It seems to affect everything, as even roscpp
(http://ros.org/wiki/roscpp) does not have the header for fuerte.

As I see it, the browse pages take the information from the current
state of the indexed repository, but the wiki page header are generated
from the releases (only). Is this maybe even intended behaviour?

Cheers,
   Christian