[ros-users] ccny-ros-pkg release: phidgets_drivers

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 21:22:13 UTC 2012

On 09-Sep-12 15:39, Doug Sievers wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> I've done some work with phidgets in ROS. Can you comment on differences
> between your package and existing ones?
>
> 1) By Bob Mottram, rather extensive : https://launchpad.net/phidgets-ros-pkg

I hadn't seen this one before. It appears to support quite a few
devices. From looking at their Spatial 3/3/3 driver, it's based on the C
API, and it defines a custom message for it. In comparison, mine has an
object-oriented structure, and adheres to the ROS API better (standard
IMU message and topics, calibration services, params, etc).

> 2) By Tully Foote, only RFID? : http://ros.org/wiki/phidgets

My stack is partly based on Tully's work. He uses an older version of
the C API, and supports different devices. I'm not sure if he still
maintains the stack. I've updated the C API installer to the latest
version released from phidgets.

Cheers,

Ivan