[ros-users] new repository for v4l driver

Dejan Pangercic dejan.pangercic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 20:57:25 UTC 2012

Hi Markus,
this seems like a great contribution. Some time ago a following thread
was started with an intend to create a unary driver for usb cameras:
http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/USB-camera-UVC-driver-API-review-td3754584.html,
but I guess Ken did not get enough support from us to finish it.

So I guess what I am asking is can you comment on the features
supported by your driver against any of the drivers listed here
http://ros.org/wiki/Sensors#Cameras? uvc_camera seemed the most
complete when I last checked it about a year ago.

And secondly, is there still enough interest in the community to
finish Ken's work for hydra release for instance?

cheers, D.