[ros-users] Towards a Debian ROS install without pip

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:45:04 UTC 2012

2012/9/25 Michael Janssen (CS Grad) <mjanssen at cs.umn.edu>

> So, the installation instructions for installing Fuerte on Debian have
> been out of date for a little while now; They don't work
> out-of-the-box for sure, and I've been trying to figure out how to
> make them a bit better.

Hi,

I was one of the Debian users that tried to keep ROS working on Debian, but
I'm now with electric and not willing to change before a quite long time.
I'm not surprised that the information are a bit outdated.
I'm unfortunately not capable to help to improve this. The only this I have
done was to update the documentation between cturtle, diamondback and
electric and sending trac tickets to have rosdeps.yaml files updated.

 I will stay with electric for quite a long time now, so I'm sorry to say
that I will not be available for testing purpose :(