[ros-users] ROSCon 2013: Final call for participation

Brian Gerkey gerkey at osrfoundation.org
Mon Apr 15 16:59:16 UTC 2013

** The program has been updated with several schedule changes:
http://roscon.ros.org/2013/?page_id=14. **

Call For Participation: ROSCon 2013
11-12 May 2013 (immediately following ICRA)
Stuttgart, Germany

* Program is available (updated): http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=14
* Registration is open: http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=6
* Thank you to our sponsors: http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=16

* Hobbyists, students, researchers: there will be space in the exhibit
area for you to show off your (non-commercial) projects.  If you're
planning to bring something, please contact us at info at roscon.ros.org.

Please join us this May for the second annual edition of ROSCon!

ROSCon 2013 is a chance for ROS developers of all levels, beginner to
expert, to spend an extraordinary weekend learning from and networking
with the ROS community.  Get tips and tricks from experts and meet and
share ideas with fellow developers from around the globe.

ROSCon is a developers’ conference, in the model of PyCon and
BoostCon. Following the success of the inaugural ROSCon in St. Paul,
Minnesota (http://roscon.ros.org/2012), this year’s ROSCon will be
held in Germany.  Similar to last year, the two-day program will
comprise technical talks and tutorials that will introduce you to new
tools and libraries, as well as teach you more about the ones you
already know.

Once again we received an overwhelming number of session proposals,
which made for some tough decisions in the review process.  The 35
talks in the program include in-depth coverage of core libraries, like
Octomap and RQT, multiple perspectives on timely topics like embedded
systems and real-time control, and plenty of novel applications of
ROS.  And we have an excellent keynote on MoveIt!, from Sachin Chitta
of Willow Garage.

We have some great sponsors to thank: Bosch, Clearpath Robotics,
Cyberbotics, Google, I Heart Engineering, Rethink Robotics, Schunk,
Yaskawa Motoman, Yujin Robot, and Willow Garage.  We're excited to
have such strong industry support!

Registration is open: http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=6.

If you have any questions, send email to info at roscon.ros.org.