[ros-users] Issues with wstool Error processing 'rospack'

Jeremy Fix Jeremy.Fix at Supelec.fr
Fri Apr 19 13:33:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

(my apologies in case of multiple post;)

while trying to install desktop-full I encounter the following issues (I
did 2 attempts with the same results some minutes ago):

bash:$ sudo wstool init src -j3
http://packages.ros.org/web/rosinstall/generate/raw/groovy/desktop-full

..... some packages sucessfully fetched and then ...

Exception caught during install: Error processing 'warehouse_ros' :
[warehouse_ros] Checkout of
https://github.com/ros-gbp/warehouse-release/archive/release/warehouse_ros/0.7.12.tar.gz
version warehouse_ros-release-release-warehouse_ros-0.7.12 into
/opt/ros/groovy/ros_catkin_ws/src/warehouse_ros failed.
Error processing 'rospack' : [rospack] Checkout of
https://github.com/ros-gbp/rospack-release/archive/release/groovy/rospack/2.1.18-0.tar.gz
version rospack-release-release-groovy-rospack-2.1.18-0 into
/opt/ros/groovy/ros_catkin_ws/src/rospack failed.

ERROR in config: Error processing 'warehouse_ros' : [warehouse_ros]
Checkout of
https://github.com/ros-gbp/warehouse-release/archive/release/warehouse_ros/0.7.12.tar.gz
version warehouse_ros-release-release-warehouse_ros-0.7.12 into
/opt/ros/groovy/ros_catkin_ws/src/warehouse_ros failed.
Error processing 'rospack' : [rospack] Checkout of
https://github.com/ros-gbp/rospack-release/archive/release/groovy/rospack/2.1.18-0.tar.gz
version rospack-release-release-groovy-rospack-2.1.18-0 into
/opt/ros/groovy/ros_catkin_ws/src/rospack failed.

I have however no issue in fetching the archives listed below from
firefox :
https://github.com/ros-gbp/rospack-release/archive/release/groovy/rospack/2.1.18-0.tar.gz

https://github.com/ros-gbp/warehouse-release/archive/release/warehouse_ros/0.7.12.tar.gz

Also , do you know if there is a way to resume wstool ? If I retype
wstool init ... , it complains src already exists  so that I didn't find
something better than removing src   and restarting wstool ...

Thanks for your help;

Jeremy.