[ros-users] New Parameter Server

Ryan Gariepy rgariepy at clearpathrobotics.com
Wed Apr 17 01:17:01 UTC 2013

Personally, I would like the API and launchfile syntax to be kept as simple
as possible. Adding a static parameter isn't much extra typing over and
above defining a constant, but promotes much more reusable prototype code.
I've never personally said "There is too many parameters in this node", but
have often said "why is <CONSTANT> not a parameter". Ideally, the dynamic
reconfiguration could be taken right from the code, no manual building of a
.cfg required.

-Ryan