[ros-users] Migration of ros.org including the wiki

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Fri Aug 30 09:25:37 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience we have completed the migration of the wiki to new
hosting at OSU's OSL (www.osuosl.org)

We have taken the opportunity to clean up how things are hosted.  You will
find a slightly new layout with the following new subdomains.

wiki.ros.org now replaces ros.org/wiki
docs.ros.org now replaces ros.org/docs

There are redirects to keep the old URLs valid such that links to the old
pages will still work.

There are still some lingering remnants of our testing urls in the system
which have the form subdomain.ros.osuosl.org domains. These were used for
temporary testing and are functionally equivalent to removing the osuosl
element.  If you see them in your address bar simply delete ".osuosl" from
the url and continue. These name aliases will go away shortly, please use
the shorter form any time you send a link.

If you find any other issues with the new setup of the wiki please report
them on this tracker: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/roswiki

We have also migrated the following sites:
turtlebot.com
planet.ros.org
roscon.ros.org
moveit.ros.org

We have several more upgrades coming to other services.  We'll let you know
as they come along and we'll do our best to have minimal downtime.

Tully