[ros-users] Gazebo API changed after Groovy release

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:28:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Nate Koenig <natekoenig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You are right, we broke API compatibility between Gazebo 1.2 and Gazebo
> 1.3 without a proper tick-tock. Version 1.2 of Gazebo marked when Gazebo
> first started to adopt the tick-tock model, and we obviously missed a
> function. We have since improved our efforts, and there is a person looking
> into maintaining API and ABI compatibility within Gazebo.
>
> Thank you for your report and concern. We'll do our best to prevent future
> occurrences.

Thanks, Nate. I appreciate all the hard work you and the Gazebo developers
are doing. It's really improving rapidly.

It's good you are starting tick-tock now. That will help a lot.

But, the bigger issue is that 1.3 should not have been added to ROS after
Groovy final. It needed to wait until Hydro (which is not very long).

Regards,
--
 joq