[ros-users] Bug in IKFastPlugin for 7DOF arms

Juan Pablo Gonzalez jpgonzal at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 15:53:50 UTC 2013

Shaun,

It is related, but not the same one. My fix requires a sign change in four
lines, and restores the search along the redundant DOF, which brings it in
line with similar calls in the PR2 code. Their fix is a much broader patch
that adds new functionality (or re-enables it), but it also changes
getCount in a way that I am not sure is consistent with the initial
approach. It's worth a code review, but I don't know when I'll have a
chance to do that.

Juan Pablo

====================

Juan,

Is you bug related/the same as this one:
http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/ROS-KDLArmKinematicsPlugin-and-IKFastKinematicsPlugin-td4025943.html

Shaun Edwards

Senior Research Engineer

Manufacturing System Department