[ros-users] Using PCL 1.6 (or any version) in Groovy

Mac Mason mac at cs.duke.edu
Wed Feb 20 06:39:01 UTC 2013

Solved! (Credit to Austin Hendrix & Dave Coleman).

My mistake was to specify my dependencies in package.xml, but not in
CMakeLists.txt. Easy fix.

Feel free to ignore this next bit if you have work to do...

\begin{rant}
Why _on earth_ does it work that way? Requiring me to specify _exactly
the same thing_ in two _totally different places_ in two _completely
different syntaxes_ is the very definition of a Bad Idea. It forces
manual, error-prone, hard-to-debug, duplication.
\end{rant}

So, I'm curious: why was it done this way? I'm not on
build-system-sig, and I'm about as far from a CMake expert as one can
be, so I haven't a clue about what's going on behind the scenes, and
I'm willing to believe that there's some solid technical reason. But
this feels really broken.

    --M

--
Julian "Mac" Mason      mac at cs.duke.edu      www.cs.duke.edu/~mac