[ros-users] answers.ros.org is the hell

Claudio Carbone cla_carbone at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 20 09:48:56 UTC 2013

On 20/02/13 10:24, Claudio Carbone wrote:
> you can have subforums tailored to the specific argument (eg: building
> which would cover build systems and package/stack structures;
> transformations which would cover urdf models, joints, publishers;
> Communications which would cover the ROS API, topics, services, etc...)

I just remembered that the phpbb.org support forum (phpbb being one of
the widest spread free forum platforms) even has sub-sub-<...>-forums
for each and every plugin/modification where the creator of the
plugin/mod can answer users questions far from the main busy discussion
areas keeping them clean.

I can't but think this would be much more useful to the community.

Although I acknowledge that it's ultimately a management decision from
WG or whoever will guide ROS in the future.

Best regards
--

*Eng. Claudio Carbone
Embedded Systems Design*