[ros-users] Error unknown address family 10 in roslaunch's ProcessMonitor

William Woodall wwoodall at willowgarage.com
Mon Jan 7 18:06:14 UTC 2013

You should ask this on answers.ros.org, once you get it there have a look
at this:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/gevent/2uaMnDgVsEo

It seems to indicate that this error can occur when Python is not built
with ipv6 support.  But it is not clear to me that this is the root of the
issue, the traceback is failing because logger is None, but logger should
be a global reference to a Python logging object.

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Lukas Bulwahn <Lukas.Bulwahn at bmw-carit.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to switch from fuerte to groovy on my virtual machine.
> After I have successfully compiled all ros_comm packages, I started
> roscore, but it terminates at startup with the error message:
>
> unknown address family 10
>
> in the roslaunch/pymon.py.
>
> The system is a custom Linux system (compiled with openembedded) and
> Python 2.7.3.
> NB: As it a custom Linux system, I did not use rosdep to resolve the
> system dependencies, but tried to resolve it manually.
>
> Googling for the error above did not give a valuable hint what I am doing
> wrong.
>
> Does anyone have a clue?
>
> The full logfile is at http://pastebin.com/mxNkHBHS.
>

> Lukas Bulwahn