[ros-users] Catkin Eclipse Integration

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Mon Jul 29 17:16:24 UTC 2013

Hi, please do not cross post questions like this in the future. You have
already posted here:

http://answers.ros.org/question/69463/catkin-eclipse-integration-type-sensor_msgspointcloud2-could-not-be-resolved/?answer=69526#post-id-69526

People have seen it and they will answer if they know something that might
help you. Please refer to our support guidelines in the future:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/Support#Guidelines_for_asking_a_question_.28Please_read_before_posting.29

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Gray Thomas <gthomas at ihmc.us> wrote:

> Have you tried a previous version of eclipse? I switched from Helios to
> Indigo when I had a similar problem using the point cloud library packaged
> with ros (using rosbuild, admittedly) and the switch solved my indexing
> problem.
>
> *Gray Thomas,
> *Robotics Researcher
> ihmc
> FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF HUMAN & MACHINE COGNITION
> 40 S Alcaniz St. Pensacola, FL, 32502
>

> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Andre Barcelos <barcelos.andre at yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  I`m trying to use Eclipse with Catkin. I`m having some problems with
>> Index, for example, I have just tried to do this tutorial:
>> http://www.ros.org/wiki/pcl/Tutorials and Eclipse doesn`t recognizes the
>> index to "sensor_msgs::PointCloud2" (all these type).
>>  I`m able to compile the package into Eclipse(CTRL+B), it is working
>> fine, my problem is with the Eclipse indexer.
>>  My steps to make Eclipse "works" on catkin were:
>>
>>  $cd ~/catkin_ws
>> $catkin_make --force-cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles"
>> -DCMAKE_BUILD_T**YPE=Debug -DCMAKE_ECLIPSE**_MAKE_ARGUMENTS**=-j8
>>   $source ~/catkin_ws/devel/setup.bash
>>  $eclipse
>>
>> File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace...
>>  When I open the .cpp file, I got some errors:
>>  Type 'sensor_msgs::P**ointCloud2' could not be resolved
>>  Type 'sensor_msgs::P**ointCloud2Const**Ptr' could not be resolved
>>  But, how I said, I`m able to compile the package, I just have NOT the
>> indexes for this type.
>>  Can you guys help me to make Eclipse index this?
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Andre Barcelos.
>> M.Sc Student
>> Military Institute of Engineering