[ros-users] missing generated lisp-messages in debian packages for groovy

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Thu Jun 13 17:00:48 UTC 2013

The current Debian packages do include generated lisp files for messages.
But they are not located in the message folder but under share/common-lisp/ros/*.

The problem with the current available packages in the public repository is that they contain invalid code which makes them not loadable.
This has been addressed in https://github.com/ros/genmsg/pull/27
The new packages are already built but until now only in the shadow-fix repository.

It will take some more days / weeks until they will be synced to public.

The temporary fix to check them out and build them locally works since the issue has been fixed in the source repositories.

- Dirk